About the edition:
A beautiful collector’s edition, this book features:
- Full deep blue top-grade leather binding
- Genuine 22k gold gilt to all edges, front design, spine, and back
- Silk moire endsheets
- Satin bookmark, sewn-in
- Hubbed spine with 4 raised bands
- Smyth-sewn binding for durability
- Premium acid-neutral archival paper that will not yellow
About the book:
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is a classic science fiction novel by French writer Jules Verne published in 1870. It tells the story of Captain Nemo and his submarine Nautilus as seen from the perspective of Professor Pierre Aronnax.
The title refers to the distance traveled while under the sea and not to a depth, as 20,000 leagues is 2.7 times the circumference of Earth.