Title: Chinese Symbols and Superstitions
Author: Harry T. Morgan
Publisher: P.D. and Ione Perkins, 1946. Second edition.
Condition: Hardcover, cloth. Some fading and rubbing to cover. Inscription to endpapers. Minor tanning. Text clean, binding tight.
About the book:
Illustrated with black and white line drawings.
1. The Myth of Creation and the Mythical Period
2. The Legendary Period and its Superstitions
3. Developments in the Legendary Period
4. Conventionalized Culture and Hereditary Rule
5. The Classical Age and the Era of the Sages
6. Buddhism, Its Symbols and Superstitions
7. Trees, Plants, Birds and Flowers
8. Amulets, Charms, Gems, and their Symbols and Superstitions
9. Gods and Idols
10 Feasts and Festivals