Title: Great Expectations
Author: Charles Dickens, David Frampton (illus)
Publisher: The Franklin Library, 1982. A Limited Edition for subscribers, in the 100 Greatest Books of All Time series.
Condition: Hardcover, full blue leather. Very good, almost certainly unread. Only real flaw: gilt to top edge and one corner are worn. Has previous owner’s bookplate attached, which can be pasted over on request. Large and heavy book, shipping overseas will cost extra.
This book features:
- Full premium tooled bue leather binding
- Genuine 22k gold gilt to all edges, front design, spine, and back
- Silk moire endsheets
- Satin bookmark, sewn-in
- Hubbed spine with 4 raised bands
- Smyth-sewn binding for durability
- Premium acid-neutral archival paper that will not yellow
Charles Dickens was the most popular English novelist of the Victorian era, and he remains popular, responsible for some of English literature’s most iconic characters. His books have never gone out of print in the past 150 years.
More about Dickens at wikipedia.