An extremely scarce early handbook of the Federated Malay States, comprising Perak, Pahang, Negri Sembilan and Selangor. With an introductory chapter, along with a chapter and a map dedicated to each state. The first edition was published in 1903, and was subsequently revised. This is the third revised edition of 1903.
This book is in POOR CONDITION, with page 78 detached, and all maps detached except for the Map of Perak. The ffep is missing, the binding is fragile but holding, and there are scribbles in pencil to both endpapers, but especially the back endpaper. Title page is tanned and brittle. The upside to the maps being detached is that they are readily frameable without further damage to the book.
Details of the maps are as follows:
1. Map of Malay Peninsula in colour – detached, small closed tears to the sides, not affecting map itself
2. A very large foldout map of Perak in black and white – still attached with a very large closed tear to the middle. Can be repaired without loss.
3. A foldout map of Selangor – detached, map outlines in colour, in good condition.
4. A foldout map Sketch Map of Negri Sembilan – detached, a small closed tear to side, not affecting map itself
5. A foldout map of Pahang, outline in colour – detached. small closed tear to the side, not affecting map itself
All 7 black-and-white photographic plates attached and in good condition.