Title: Peasants & Other Stories
Author: Anton Chekhov, Edmund Wilson (intro & ed), Frederick Schneider (illus)
Publisher: Franklin Library, 1977. Long out of print.
Condition: Hardcover, black leather with ornate gilt on boards, spine and edges. Very good+. Unread and perfect except for a few minor scuffs on edges. A stunning book.
This book features:
- Full black leather binding
- Genuine 22k gold gilt to all edges, front design, spine, and back
- Silk moire endsheets
- Satin bookmark, sewn-in
- Hubbed spine with 4 raised bands
- Smyth-sewn binding for durability
- Premium acid-neutral archival paper that will not yellow
Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (29 January 1860 – 15 July 1904) was a Russian short-story writer, playwright and physician, considered to be one of the greatest short-story writers and dramatists in the history of world literature. His career as a dramatist produced four classics and his best short stories are held in high esteem by writers and critics.