Contrary to what it appears to be, this book is not about Javanese wayang kulit, or any Asian form of shadow puppet theatres. It is rather an instructional guide on how to design, write and produce shadow plays of any genre, with examples of scenes from the Western tradition. A useful guide for anyone interested in producing shadow plays, and contains a section on human shadow plays.
- The Earliest Shadow Plays and Their Present-day Influence
- Part I: Cut-Out Shadow Plays (Selecting the Shadow Play, Producing Cut-out Shadow Plays, examples of plays)
- Part II: Shadow Plays with Music (Selecting the shadow Play to be Given with Music, The Carnival of the Animals)
- Part III: Human Shadow Plays (Making a Human Shadow Play, examples of plays)
- A List of Books Containing Stories for Adaptation to Shadow Plays