Title: The Scarlet Letter
Author: Nathaniel Hawthorne
Publisher: The Franklin Library, 1978. A Limited Edition for subscribers, in the 100 Greatest Books of All Time series.
Condition: Hardcover, deep brown leather. In like-new condition, no observable flaws. Has previous owner’s bookplate attached, which can be pasted over on request.
This book features:
- Full premium tooled brown leather binding
- Genuine 22k gold gilt to all edges, front design, spine, and back
- Silk moire endsheets
- Satin bookmark, sewn-in
- Hubbed spine with 3 raised bands
- Smyth-sewn binding for durability
- Premium acid-neutral archival paper that will not yellow
About the book:
The Scarlet Letter is an 1850 romantic work of fiction in a historical setting, written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. It is considered to be his magnum opus. Set in 17th-century Puritan Boston during the years 1642 to 1649, it tells the story of Hester Prynne, who conceives a daughter through an adulterous affair and struggles to create a new life of repentance and dignity. Throughout the book, Hawthorne explores themes of legalism, sin, and guilt. (more at wikipedia).