Title: Treasure Island
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson, Edward A Wilson
Publisher: Easton Press, 1977, Collector’s Edition, From the 100 Greatest Books Ever Written series.
Condition: Hardcover, blue leather. Like new, unblemished and unread.
A beautiful collector’s edition, this book features:
- Full azure top-grade leather binding
- Genuine 22k gold gilt to all edges, front design, spine, and back
- Silk moire endsheets
- Satin bookmark, sewn-in
- Hubbed spine with 4 raised bands
- Smyth-sewn binding for durability
- Premium acid-neutral archival paper that will not yellow
About Treasure Island:
Treasure Island is an adventure novel by Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson, narrating a tale of “pirates and buried gold”. First published as a book on 23rd May 1883, it was originally serialized in the children’s magazine Young Folks between 1881–82.
It is one of the most frequently dramatized of all novels. The influence of Treasure Island on popular perception of pirates is vast, including treasure maps with an “X”, schooners, the Black Spot, tropical islands, and one-legged seamen with parrots on their shoulders.